yooo sorry i haven’t been on
my social life kicked up in the last few days
but i’m back and gonna work on stuff
like if you want a starter (it might be longer)
Gobber and his dragon, Grump.
astrid’s lines had better not be forced no i felt like they were forced near the end of the first movie and i just. no i don’t want . she’s so . she’s too cool to be forced
oh m an yeah like
i think they’re forcing her + hiccup at least in the sense that she says stuff that wouldn’t normally be said by her otherwise
her first-half character in httyd was great and i really don’t want that to be compromised
cxcil replied to your post “MORGAN BREAKING DOWN FEELINGS ABOUT THE NEW TRAILER UNDER HERE DO NOT…”
ur incorrect tho freckles are perfect thats just science
fRECKLES ARE G R E A T HENCE WHY I WANT THEM BACK
MORGAN BREAKING DOWN FEELINGS ABOUT THE NEW TRAILER UNDER HERE DO NOT READ IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS (FROM WHAT WE’VE SEEN IN THE TRAILER) FOR HTTYD2
sooo i had mixed feelings about the new trailer— but i don’t think it by any means reflects how the actual movie will be (i think i remember the httyd trailers being similarly kid-oriented and slightly campy)
- STOICK AND VALKA BE STILL MY HEART. you can tell how much he loves her and the heartbroken look on his face makes me cry forever.
- hiccup and stoick and valka as a team after so many years apart (though i really hope they touch on the consequences of valka leaving— what it meant for stoick and hiccup and how it’ll affect her relationship with them)
- hiccup learning more about dragons and realizing he’s not this big shot with all the knowledge ever
- THE SCENERY HOLY HELL THEIR BACKGROUND ANIMATION HAS NOT DIMINISHED IN THE SLIGHTEST
- I’LL BLOODY HIS FIST WITH MY FACE IF HE TRIES TO TAKE MY DRAGON please i need more berk kids in my life
- all the dragon concepts and designs are g r e a t i hope they expand on them more
- gobber and his dragon made my day
- hiccup’s design seems too… pretty, personally. i want freckled, awkward hiccup back kinda.
- (also, his movements seem oddly… too fluid? like idk there’s just something about the animation of his movements that strikes me wrong.)
- i’m really scared toothless is gonna get reduced to funny pet status no toothless is just as important as valka or stoick or hiccup or anyone
- astrid’s lines seem really forced
- i hope they make drago more fleshed out and less just evil-guy-who-wants-to-take-the-dragons-just-because
- the 30stm song seemed really?? out of place??
H O W E V E R i’m not jumping to judgements just yet because a LOT of the trailer sounded like it had replaced dialogue (mouth movements didn’t match up) and because i’m sure they’re toning it down for the target market
here’s to waiting for june and hoping it turns out just as amazing as the first!
sits over here with all my hiccup is a slytherin headcanons.
fiercely wants to do paras
if you have an idea p l s reply to this or send me a message or a n y t h i n g i have muse
sometimes i want more characters
no morgan. no.
the scar on hiccup’s chin was the result of a fiasco when he was four that is now an inside joke with pretty much all of berk. he refuses to talk about it with anyone from his village because it ultimately causes a lot of laughter and a lot of jokes at his expense. gobber enjoys making the story more and more elaborate every time he tells it— which only serves to make hiccup avoid the subject even more, of course.
(in truth, it involved an axe-grinder, a very drunk gobber, and stoick’s boots.)